CWYW EndNote X7.1 on Mac. Error code = -10814

Hello,

I am using EndNote Web on my Macbook Air running OS X Version 10.9.4.  I have downloaded and installed the Cite While You Write Plug-In to use with my Microsoft Word 2011.  However, when I try to access the CWYW tools in Word, I receive a pop-up window with the following message: Could not find a copy of EndNote X7.1 to launch.  Error code = -10814.  I have tried uninstalling and re-installing the plug-in, but still receive the same error message.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Found the following and solved the problem:

Re: Endnote web CWYW plugin for Mac

Options

‎10-23-2011 07:08 PM

EndNote Web: Cannot find a copy of EndNote X4 to launch. Error code is 10814

See this article from the Endnote knowlegebase which says the below (direct copy):

This happens with Word 2008/2011. After EndNote Web plug-in installation, when trying to use the CWYW toolbar in Word, you will see EndNote toolbar instead of EndNote Web toolbar. When you try accessing this toolbar you will be prompted with this error message,

Cannot find a copy of EndNote to launch. Error code is 10814

This can be resolved by switching the tools to EndNote Web. To do this in Word 2008/2011.

1. Open Word.

2. Go to the “Tools” menu, choose “EndNote” and select “Cite While You Write Preferences.”

3. Here, go to the “Applications” tab.

4. Select EndNote Web. Enter the Registered username and password for EndNote web.

5. Click OK.

Then restart Word and try using the tools again.

1 Like