Cannot change hanging indent in Word!

Dear all,

I have a problem which seems very hard to solve. I use Endnote X1 on Mac OS. X 10.5.5. Evertime I ‘insert citation’ into a word document, the reference appears with a hanging indent of 0.500. ![](file:///Users/janfrederikbraun/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/moz-screenshot.jpg) ![](file:///Users/janfrederikbraun/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/moz-screenshot-1.jpg)

Although I can change this manually under Endnote format bibliography (tab ‘layout’), I dont know where I can change this so that the standard setting is no longer 0.500. Can anybody please tell me how to do this??

Thanks in advance!

Jan

Edit your style, Go to Bibliography settings, Layout.  At the bottom is a drop down that defines the indentation settings, which you will want to change to “none”. 

Thank you for your reply. Do you mean in Word, Endnote X1/Format Bibliography/Layout?

I change the hanging indent here from 0.500 into 0.000. Than click ‘Ok’. However, everytime I open a new Word document, the hanging indent is back at 0.500!! How can this be?

Jan

No, you want to make the change in the Output style, bibliography - layout - there is a drop down at the bottom which specifies which paragraphs to apply hanging indent to.  This seems to override any settings set in the format bibliography layout setting page. 

Thank you so much!! That was difficult to find.