Change Text

Hi,

Does anybody know if it is possible to use a wildcard character in the Change Text function?  I would like to replace any text following a comma in a field with a new string.  Is it possible to make a change like that?

Deleting anything following the comma and replacing it with something else?  I don’t think that is possible.  Can you give an example of what you are trying to achieve?  You could search for a comma space in the field, selecting records with the “feature” and possibly globally edit them to add something to the field, but not to replace various things already there…

@hstpierr wrote:

Hi,

Does anybody know if it is possible to use a wildcard character in the Change Text function?  I would like to replace any text following a comma in a field with a new string.  Is it possible to make a change like that?

Wild card like * or ? does not work in Change Text. It doesn’t support Regular Expression. Search in Endnote also doesn’t support regular expression, and I mentioned while ago in this thread, but I didn’t request in the “suggestion” form. So, I’d do that later.

http://forums.thomsonscientific.com/ts/board/message?board.id=en-howto&message.id=844&query.id=187971#M844

Thanks Leanne and myoshigi.