Citation. Two different authors. Endnote prints the first names. How to remove them?

Hi!

I have a PC with Windows XP and Endnote version X.0.2 build 2283.

Why does endnote print the first names for these two references below, Maria and Lorin, in the text? I have tried different settings here: Edit>Output styles>Edit “uq_apa5th”, but I cannot remove Maria and Lorin in the text.

This is what the citations look like in the text:
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit (Maria Anderson, Grimwade & Tamkin, 2005). Nullam commodo quam in tellus. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit (Lorin W Anderson & Krathwohl, 2001).

This is what I want them to look like:
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit (Anderson, Grimwade & Tamkin, 2005). Nullam commodo quam in tellus. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit (Anderson & Krathwohl, 2001).

This is what the bibliography looks like. Looks fine to me:
Anderson, L. W., & Krathwohl, D. (Eds.). (2001). A taxonomy for learning, teaching, and assessing: A revision of Bloom’s taxonomy of educational objectives. New York: Longman.

Anderson, M., Grimwade, A., & Tamkin, T. (2005). Best places to work for postdocs. The Scientist, 19(3), 44-47.

I cannot understant it. It is not a questions of ambigous authors, is it?

Sincerely
Loffy

Message Edited by Loffy on 09-26-2008 09:27 AM

It does is treating the authors as ambiguous, because they would be.  Check out this tread which talkes about the two places to check your settings in the edit >  output style. 

http://forums.thomsonscientific.com/ts/board/message?board.id=en-general&thread.id=542&jump=true

It does is treating the authors as ambiguous, because they would be.  Check out this tread which talks about the two places to check your settings in the edit >  output style where you can possible keep this from happening (but be sure that you don’t deviate from APA requirements, if that is the format you are trying to adhere to) 

http://forums.thomsonscientific.com/ts/board/message?board.id=en-general&thread.id=542&jump=true

Worked perfect. I thought I had tested it but obviously not. Many thanks, Leanne!

Loffy