Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Visitor
Accepted Solution

Citations not aligned after numbering

Hello everyone,

I am a beginner of endnote but already tried to solve my problem by reading lots of topics but I can't seem to find any relating topic. Currently, I'm using Vancouver with numbering. I'm using a macOS 10.13.3.

It is like this now:

1. Schiraldi GR. Post-traumatic stress disorder sourcebook: a guide to healing, recovery, and growth [Internet]. NewYork: McGraw-Hill; 2000 [cited 2006 Nov 6]. 446 p. 

But I want it to be like this (nice aligned):

1. Schiraldi GR. Post-traumatic stress disorder sourcebook: a guide to healing, recovery,
    and growth [Internet]. New York: McGraw-Hill; 2000 [cited 2006 Nov 6]. 446 p. 

I already tried experimenting with edit output style -> bibliography > layout > tab, hanging indent > all paragraphs. But then this happens:

1.            Schiraldi GR. Post-traumatic stress disorder sourcebook: a guide to healing, recovery,
               and growth [Internet]. New York: McGraw-Hill; 2000 [cited 2006 Nov 6]. 

Or space instead of tab, then nothing changes. 

Can anyone help me figure this one out? 

Mentor

Re: Citations not aligned after numbering

I assume you are wanting a smaller "hanging indent"  -- see the attached options in your word processor endnote ribbon.  

bibliography layout -- change the hanging indent from .5 (default) to .3 or so.  

(long time Endnote user)
Visitor

Re: Citations not aligned after numbering

Perfect, this worked excellent.

Thanks for the quick respons.