Custom reference citation

Thank you very much for your kind reply. I guess I need to get a little more specific. It was like trying to find the Arc of the Covenant. Inside the National Archives there are rows upon rows of stacks containing boxes for sundry things. One of the designations they give is the “Record Groups,” for example, “Record Group 77” refered to one stack of shelves, which contained a lot of boxes. The box I was looking for was called “Box 21.” Inside that box there were several documents. Some of them had authors, most of them didn’t. They were either handwritten or typewritten notes, but no author’s name was attributed to them 

From the example you give, since there is no author, I’m guessing I would skip the Author, A.A. (Year, month, day). insert the description of the material, for example “Underground wells.” The “name of the Collection” I would give as “Record Group 77, Box 22.” And then the Name of the Repository, say “US National Archives,” followed by Location, say “Washington, D.C.” 

I have to go back to EndNote to see if there is a category called “Archival Documents and Collections.” If not, I guess I’ll have to learn how to creat my own custom style in EndNote.

Thanks for your help. I appreciate it.