Deleting references

Not very helpful answer!!! The question asked was “How do you delete references from the library”? 

I am also very frustrated as  new Endnote user (I have used Reference Manager since 1984 -  and I love it…but it is no longer supporter unfortunately)…so I was practicising downloading references to see how to do it, and ended up with 800 refts in a “unified” folder whatever that is…(I tried to rename it and could not find a way!). Well, I clicked search a second time, and magically ended up with a second set of the same refs…now 1600 in my library - none of which I really want. 

Spent the last hour at least reading help files (there are none that show how to achieve this)…web questions, etc…and finally found the question above - but sending to trash: does not work:  Hitting cut: does not work!! As far as  I can see, there must not be a way to delete referneces without doing what the person baove did - deleting the file!!! 

so please, answer the question: How do you delete referneces from a library. Is it locked? if so how do you unlock it.? I am actually to the point that I cant use my endnote at all as its full of trash and I dont want to keep them…