Double quotation marks

Hello EndNote community!

First I want to apologize for my english and possible mistakes, I’m from Germany :slight_smile:

Is there a option, to solve this problem:

I have some references, which have a title that includes quotation marks. For example: 

A. Mandell, “I bless you to YHWH and his Asherah” - Writing and performativity at Kuntillet Ajrud: Maarav 19, 131-162.

Depending on the Output-Style there will be double quotation marks. Like: 

A. Mandell, ““I bless you to YHWH and his Asherah” - Writing and performativity at Kuntillet Ajrud”: Maarav 19, 131-162.

Is there any solution to teach EndNote to change the quotation mark of the references to 

A. Mandell, “‘I bless you to YHWH and his Asherah’ - Writing and performativity at Kuntillet Ajrud”: Maarav 19, 131-162. or do I have to change it in Word myself?

Thank you for your help!

Endnote will not, to my knowledge be able to make this change automatically.  You also have to be careful correcting it in Word, as it will be in a “field” and not plain text and would not “stick”. 

At the very last step before submitting, you would need to make a copy (so you still have the endnoted version) and remove endnote field codes (convert to plain text) and then manually make the fix.  Alternatively you could change it in the records themselves (I suspect it is only in a few records problem), so that it is a single quote in the title field and then it would be formated correctly?  

In my experience publishers have better tools for this, and can correct it at the publishing stage.