EN X9.2 no more travelling library?

Hi, I recently upgraded from X8 to X9.2, however I noticed that when I send a Word document containing EN-added references to a collegue, who eventually sends the document back, references are still there, but all Endnote buttons in the Word EndNote ribbon are grayed out and I cannot add nor remove references. (Office 365 ProPlus on Win10 V1903). The only way around this is to edit the original document I sent…

In X8, this was not a problem, and a document sent back in this manner would simply contain a travelling library that I could still work with.

Is the described situation due to EN X9? In any case, it is pretty darn annoying compared to how this worked previously.

Any help would be appreciated.

Please contact Technical Support directly

1-800-336-4474 option 4 then 1

or

https://endnote.com/contact/

We are here to help whenever you run into issues.

Late update: I was able to fix this problem by locally saving the Word file that was sent back by my colleague, then I was able to see and use the EndNote toolbar. Before, I  was opening the document directly from Outlook which meant that it was temporarily saved in some temporary folder, which likely created the problem with EndNote.