ENDNOTE Citation in Word: No Pages available?!

Hello,

I just added a Endnote X5-citation in Word 2007 and I just get “(Norton 2007)”, although I filled in the page I qouted from in “Pages” (“Edit & Manage Citation(s)”). What I want e. g. is “(Norton 2007: 55)”.

I use the"Havard UL"-Style, which I already tried to edit to get the correct page displayed. Under “Edit”, “Output Styles”, “Citation”, “Templates” I added the “Field” “Pages”, so that I get the following template for the section “Citation”: “(Author Year: Pages)”.

Where is the problem? How can I get the correct page displayed in Word?

Thx and Cheers!

You need to edit the output style to include the “cited pages” field and not the pages field.  Then save as to a new output style name.  Then you need to be sure to apply the edited output style to the manuscript in question.  This is done on the endnote ribbon in word 2007. 

Thank you! That was very helpful:smiley:

Can you tell me, how to get “ibid.” (“ebd.” in German) displayed, when quoting the same author in a row? I found the option under “Repeated Citations” for “Footnotes” but I can’t find it for ordinary “Citations”?!

Thx and Cheers!

In the text?  That isn’t a very common usage?  Can you give a paragraph example of what you are trying to achieve? 

The Sunni-Shia rivalry will shape the future of the Middle East to a great extent (Nasr 2007). The rivalry goes back to the succession of the Prophet Moahmmed who deceased in 632 C. E. (Ibid.: 35).

We learned to replace the author with “ibid.” (“ebd.” in German) when mentioned in a row…

I don’t believe Endnote has that capability.  The best it offers is to right click and select “edit the citation”, hide the author and enter the ebd: in the Prefix (or avoid needing to do it- by only citing the second part, and connect the two with a semi-colon?  Can you do that in German?). 

The Sunni-Shia rivalry will shape the future of the Middle East to a great extent; the rivalry goes back to the succession of the Prophet Moahmmed who deceased in 632 C. E. ((Nasr 2007: 35).