Sitemap | EndNote
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
New User

Re: EndNote X6 "EndNote is not responding. Error = -1712" Word Mac

Same problem here. I hope this gets fixed soon! If I had known I would have stayed on 10.8.1. 

Highlighted
New User

I don't think this is an acceptable response from a third party supplier as your product is "DESIGNED" to work with MAC OSX and not vice versa. MAC OSX is not designed in mind to work with your software. As a customer I would appreciate a realistic and permanent solution to this issue and not a temporary work around. As I have purchased a hardcopy of this software there is probably no possible way that I can get a refund from my local supplier (software nowadays is non-refundable). Therefore I suggest Thomson Reuters gets their team of technical experts, which we all know you have as you are quite a large corporation, and get off your high horse and provide an acceptable solution. Fix YOUR software.

If there is truly no solution except sit and wait for Apple to resolve the problem then I suggest everyone on this forum or anyone experiencing this issue demand a refund based on the simple fact the the software does not perform as described and advertised/marketed. Your are essentially selling a problem/non-working product right out of the gate. Once the refund is available I can move on to a competitors product that is designed TO WORK WITH MAC OSX.

Clearly the MAC version is an afterthought and not your priority concern. I'm sure if this issue occurred on the Windows platform it would be dealt with promptly.

Highlighted
New User

Hi,The link you supplied is not working - can you do it again please?

Tim

Highlighted
New User

Sorry read below - ignore that!

Highlighted
Guru

Hello Tim,

Here is a link to the article Steve mentioned with the same text:

http://help.thomson.com/default.asp?portalid=TSC&article=123873

As Steve mentioned, this is due to a known bug in Apple's OS X 10.8.2 operating system that is causing issues for a variety of software products. If you do a Web search for "10.8.2 appleeventsd," you will find a number of articles about Apple's bug and the large number of affected applications. Links to some of these are included in our Knowledge Base article.

Jason Berman
Technical Sup Rep RS

Thomson Reuters

Phone: +1 800-336-4474
thomsonreuters.com

Jason Berman
Technical Sup Rep RS

Clarivate Analytics

Phone: +1 800-336-4474
clarivate.com
Highlighted
New User

I fully agree! If the software is known not functioning, TR simply should not release it! I have been using Endnotes for years but this really makes me disappointed. 

Highlighted
Administrator

Therein lies the problem.

When EndNote X6 was released, it did function just fine.

The problem was introduced as a bug in the Macintosh OSX 10.8.2 operating system.

It's now a documented problem with OSX 10.8.2, and not specifically with our software.

Again, we sincerely hope this is addressed with the 10.8.3 service pack.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this bug may be causing...  and and are aware that it's quite a lot of inconvenience.

Thanks,

Steve

• • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
Steve Hitt
Content File Administrator
Clarivate Analytics
http://clarivate.libguides.com/endnote_training/content
Highlighted

We are currently beta testing a release designed to specifically address the “EndNote is not responding : error -1712” when using EndNote X6 with Word 2011 on OS X 10.8.2 Mountain Lion. No other updates or new functionality will be included in this release.

Before participating in beta testing, you should understand the following:

• EndNote X6.0.1 must already be installed on your Mac and you must be running OS X 10.8.2.
  • The beta release will replace your current version of EndNote X6. Beta releases will time out at the conclusion of the beta cycle and you will need to reinstall X6 (instructions will be provided).
  • Installing the beta release will not change your current preferences (customized reference types, sync, duplicate checking, etc.)
  • While we make every effort to ensure stable beta releases and do perform testing prior to public release, it is not possible to test every “real world” scenario that may occur. By nature, beta software may cause crashes and is not intended for use with time-critical projects.
  • Beta testing should never be performed using “live” customized content (libraries, Word documents, output style files, etc.). Always work with copies of customized content when beta testing.

If you understand the points above and would like to participate, please send an e-mail to rs {dot} betacoordinator {at symbol} Thomson.com that includes your full name and e-mail address plus the serial number of your current version of EndNote (found in Help, About EndNote). We will send further instructions after the e-mail is received.

Best regards,

Sharon

The Thomson Reuters EndNote Team

Highlighted

Hello all,

The EndNote X6.0.2 patch is now available. You can download it here:

http://endnote.com/downloads/available-updates

Thank you for  your feedback to help us research and fix this problem.

Best regards,

Sharon

The Thomson Reuters EndNote Team

Highlighted
Visitor

I am having the same issue with OS XMac10.8.2, but with Endnote X5 and Word 2008 

I cannot insert citations and the computer freezes and then finally comes up with error message -1712. 

Does anyone have a suggestion? 

I do not have access to Endnote X6 via my institution.