EndNote X9 - Online Pubmed search

Why in online Pubmed search is not available the possibility to clear currently displayed results before retrieving new records?

It is not possible to clear the online search list without deleting the records from all references.

PubmedOnlineSearch.jpg

Dear Pavoljanega,

I tested this bug with EN X8xx  (bought version) and ENX9  (Trial version).

With EN X8xx it is possible to delete the previous records (e.g. references)

With ENX9 (trial) it is not possible to delete the previous records and I confirm your finding (see my picture).

Have you bought ENX9 or are you using the trial version?

Please contact Leanne for a good help .

I have the full (bought) version of X9.

Dear Pavoljanega

Thank you for the fast answer. It seems it is a serious bug. I ´ll try to find a solution.

Can you tell me something  about your O.S, (operating system)  e.g. 32 bit or 64 bit , windows 7,8, 10 ?  or mac ? 

What a kind of MS Word are you using?.

Thank you in advance

TRENSOFTY

Have you the possibility to search on line with web of science?

I am a retired scientist and I have not this possibility.

If yes, then can you tell me if the same bug occurs.

Thank you in advance for your help.

TRENSOFTY

I contacted Clarivate Team via Alfasoft (Germany) and obtain following answer to your bug question:

This IS a known issue…

And an annoying one at that.
Currently, users are simply going to need to manually clear that list before performing another search.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

I think that Clarivate Team will fix this bug in due course.

TRENSOFTY

It is not possible just manually clear the list. Clearing the list means deleting selected citations from whole database!

Currently, users need to manually restart the program… :frowning:

Endnote X9 is disappointing… :frowning:

I agree with the comment posted from Pavoljanega. It is a spoiler when one use ENX9 at this time!!

TRENSOFTY

Definitely a bug.  Hope for a quick fix.

I just bought EndnoteX9 and find the same problem. I’m working with MacOSX High Sierra and Word 2016 v 16.16.4.

Very annoying! When will this bug be fixed ?

The bugs in EndNote X9 are truly annoying and deserve a prompt fix. Clarivate is putting no effort that I can see into this and our institution is looking at alternate site-licensed software. Worst bugs I’ve seen in Endnote since v1, and very little help for the ‘clear currently displayed resutls’ and ‘error reading records’ bugs. Makes the app virtually useless for me.

One way to solve this bug is: fisrt delet Pubmed(NLM) group, as remained by this software, references will not be deleted from the library; then add the Pubmed(NLM) group by clicking the “more” button just below the “Online search” colum; And finally, the Pubmed(NLM) group will come back without any retrieve records, more important, references you added before are still in the library. However, it is really an annoying process.

One way to solve this problem. First, delete the “Pubmed(NLM)” group, as remained by the software “reference will not be deleted from the library”;  Then, re-add the “Pubmed(NLM)” group by clicking the “more” button just below the “Online search” cloumn; And finnally, the  “Pubmed(NLM)” group will come back without any retrieve record. More importantly, references you added before are still in the library. However, it is really an annoying process.