EndNote x7 Make a reference list at end of document

Hi,

I am new to endnote and I have succesfully used the numbered style referencing for now, but I have a problem when trying to ‘update’ my scientific article reference list (at the end of the document). I was able to format copy -> paste a proper reference list into the document, but when I added new references in my article (which it did update numerically-wise), the references I added later on appear at the end of the reference list e.g. instead of appearing as references 20 and 21 in a list of 60, they appear as 61 and 62 in the reference list (while it does number the references as 20 and 21 in the document, next to moving up later references.)

Does anyone know how to ‘update’ the list of numbered references into a reference list? (bibliography?).

Thanks in advance,

Alexander

example:

version 1: abc (1) def (2) efg (3)

reference list:

1 abc

2 def

3 efg

version 2: abc (1) xyz (2) def (3) efg (4)

reference list:

1 abc

2 def

3 efg

xyz (-> problem)

Hello Alexander,

It sounds like you may be using the Copy Formatted and Paste option that generates a static bibliography in the document that is not linked to EndNote. In order for EndNote to be able to dynamically update the bibliography when you insert citations, we recommend using the Cite While You Write (CWYW) tools to insert citations. Please see the following training videos for more information on the CWYW feature:

http://clarivate.libguides.com/endnote_training/users/enx7#s-lib-ctab-13063886-3

Thanks!