Sitemap | EndNote
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
New User
1 Kudo

Re: Endnote 6 Web Sync - multiple libraries?

As an academic researcher (and one supervising many doctoral students) I want to join the queue of people calling for the possibility of synching multiple libraries to Endnote Web. Over the years, and many books, I have far more than 100,000 references, and I also often have discrete projects where I want to share the library for just that project alone with a co-author or a research assistant. 

At present I cannot really use the synch feature properly because of this limitation. I can basically only use it for one of the projects I'm working on, and the others have to remain tied to separate libraries on my own computers.

New User
1 Kudo

I add my name to the list of those who wish to have the option of syncing multiple libraries.  I am a college professors currently working in a book project and this one library limitation renders the iPad app unusable.  

I hope the developers can find a way to add it as a feature in Endnote 8.

New User
1 Kudo

I also would like to add another call for syncing multiple libraries instead of being forced to merge all your libraries into one, where you can lose your references amongst multiple projects, not sure why Endnote is so stubborn to this call, is it really that technically challenging?

On another note, are there other citation managers that do allow syncing multiple libraries currently?

New User
0 Kudos

I add my voice to the list of PhD students requesting the capacity for syncing multiple libraries in EndNote. I am just coming to terms that it is only possible to sync one library, after searching for several weeks for how to do just that. It does not seem like a significant additional feature, which is why it surprises me so much to find out it is not available. Thanks!

New User
0 Kudos

well it's 2017 and I STILL have that problem as a PhD student with Endnote X8 obviously, the folks here at Endnote don't seem to care about technological advances and that even the free reference manages already have this figured out...on that note; I will be using the free one that starts with an M until this issue is solved or until the folks at Endnote realize they are shooting themselves in the foot by not enabling sync across devices using the same account.