Endnote .Data file faulty when downloading new Endnote software

I was using the 30-day trial of Endnote and installed the full version recently. However, after installing the full version, I can’t open the Library.enl file anymore that I was using. The Library.Data and Library.enl files are both in the same directory. However, when I try to open my Library.enl file, it says the corresponding .Data file does not exist. I have tried to recover the Library.Data file which resulted in 0 recoveries.

I see now that the Library.Data file constains one ‘sdb’ folder, whereas most .Data files contain both an ‘rdb’ and ‘tdb’ file. Is there any way I can restore my Library.Data and open the Library.enl file again?

Many thanks!

Any resolution to this issue?

I have EndNote 9.2, my client is using EndNote 9.3.3

The DATA folder associated with the libraries created by v 9.2 include 3 subfolders, PDF, rdb and tdb.

The DATA folder associated with the libraries created by v9.3.3 include 2 subfolders, PDF and sdb

When trying to open a library which was created using v9.3.3 in v9.2, I get an error message that the library could not be opened.

Any advice on how I can open a library which was created using v9.3.3 in v9.2.

thanks

Any resolution to this issue?

I am experiencing something similar.

I have EndNote 9.2 and my client EndNote 9.3.3.

Data files differ between v9.2 (rdb and tdb) vs v9.3.3 (sdb);

I am unable to open library in v9.2 which was created in v9.3.3.

any advise?

thanks

tech support might be able to help, but unfortunately libraries that have been converted by endnoteX9.3 can not be opened by X9.2 (or X8 or x7).  They may be able to share it to you via endnote online/web interface.  not sure.