Sitemap | EndNote
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
New User

Endnote X7.5 - In text citations for organizations - Abbreviated Names

Hi everyone,

Can someone let me know the best way to add in text citations in APA format so that an organization name like "U.S. Department of Health and Human Services" shows as (U.S. Department of Health and Human Services [HHS], 2012). Then I can continue with just the abbreviated name of the organization (HHS, 2012). 

I can't figure out how to get this to work with endnote. I have several long organization names I'd like to abbreviate throughout my text. 

Thanks so much!

Becca

Mentor

Re: Endnote X7.5 - In text citations for organizations - Abbreviated Names

[ Edited ]

If you are using the Edit Citation dialog box then edit the citation to Exclude Author then enter the desired info in the “Prefix” field. Or as an alternative, edit the citation using the “temporary citation” format which displays curly braces. (Note that the number refers to the Endnote record number.) Both methods are detailed below.

1. Refer to image #1 to achieve the citation format of: (U.S. Department of Health and Human Services [HHS], 2012). Or edit the citation when it’s in the “temporary citation” format so that the in-text entry appears as:
    {U.S. Department of Health and Human Services [HHS]`, \, 2012 #592}

2. Refer to image #2 to achieve the citation format of: (HHS, 2012). Or edit the citation when it’s in the “temporary citation” format so that the in-text entry appears as:
    {HHS`, \, 2012 #592}