Endnote is getting slow and provide me a wrong style.

Hi there,

I am using Endnote X7 with Word 2013. And now facing 2 problems after i changed my laptop:

(1) For every reference i add and delete, it take me so long time.
i have tried a lot of methods - deleting the word data registry key, unformating, reformating, but all these not work for me.
And i did notice that it works fine and faster if i open a new doc and start with only one reference.

(2) Citation that i want is such as “(Bandura, 1977)”, but it provide me “(Albert Bandura, 1977)”. 
It also work fine and correctly, if i insert in new doc.
And I have check my style, it is correct.

So does anyone have a solution?

Thank You.

not sure on 1 – but this is often because you have installed too many output styles, or the library itself is corrupted (make a copy of the library and try repairing it from endnote) or the normal.dotx file is corrupted.  if you rename that, it should recreate a new one.  Call tech support (www.endnote.com/support)) if you can’t figure it out and they should be able to walk you thru the options.  (I also turn off the automated linking of citations to the bibliography from the format bibliography menu.  

two, you have that author in two or more records that you are citing, and they are not exactly the same in the two records, so endnote is “disambiguating” them by including the author first name.  If they are the same author, copy the author line from one into the other, and it should go away.   

Thank you so much. Have solved it.

Can you share your solution?  

two, you have that author in two or more records that you are citing, and they are not exactly the same in the two records, so endnote is “disambiguating” them by including the author first name. If they are the same author, copy the author line from one into the other, and it should go away.