Error : This library appears to be damaged

Hi

Can anyone please advise me on what I need to do to fix this problem.

This error message continues to appear  -

"This libary appears to be damaged. Please verify that no other user has this library open simultaneously with write access.If this error persists after resarting EndNote, please repair the library using the “Recover Library” command on the “tool” menu."

Anyone know why this error is happening?

Thank you

This can happens if you have a damaged library file. Make sure you do not keep your library in any cloud computer location, like Dropbox. EndNote is not compatible with those environments. You can rebuild your library by following the steps found in this article:

http://endnote.com/kb/82291

If you have your library in Dropbox or any other cloud computer location, move the library and associated .Data folder to another location and then rebuild it using the instructions in the article.

I am also getting this message about the library appearing to be damaged.  It happens only after it’s been open and idle for some time. The file is on my hard drive.  the problem is solved by exiting (via task manager) and reopening the program.  It’s a pain and I’d like to see it fixed.