Export website info as a new reference automatically?

I am wondering if there is a way to export a website to endnote? I love using Google Scholar to export references into my Endnote library, but it is tedious to fill out all the fields when I need to include a website as a reference. Is there a plugin or something similar that can export the website information into Endnote?

Thanks.

You can use the EndNote Web browser plugin (IE and Firefox currently) to save web pages to your library, either the desktop or web account. Here’s a link for download information. It will tried to autopopulate as much as it can identify but you’ll get a chance to fill in anything missing before you save.

http://www.endnote.com/support/enwfaqs/Install/faq13.asp

- Mathilda, the EndNote team

Hi

I’m responding to an old message but as it’s 2017 now and I have the same question, can you please let me know if there is a new plugin or other option to be able to import websites into Endnote (other than manually) for reference purposes?  I have Firefox 53.

Thanks!

some basic instructions to do this are here: http://endnote.com/kb/108026 but I have copied them below to make a few additons.  In particular before following the instructions in the link (and copied at the bottom), you first need to get the capture bookmarkfrom Endnote Online to your favorite browser. You need an Endnote Online account.  You can access Endnote Online from the Help menu of the Desktop version, - top of the third section (on the PC X7 version anyway). 

In Endnote Online, click on the Download tab to find the instructions and Capture link (bolded .  - First you need to add the Capture Reference bookmark (I then renamed it Endnote Capture Reference).  (see first attachement – my browser is Chrome).  You only need to do this the first time.  In Chrome, clicking the download, the way I have my browser settings set, downloads a file to “Downloads” folder as a .RIS and appears at the bottom of the browser, if you choose Endnote rather than endnote online.  My .RIS files are set to open Endnote and import into my library.  If you first open Endnote and make sure the correct library is open, it works a bit better.  

EndNote and EndNote Web: Using the Capture Function to Extract Reference Information from Web Pages

You can use the Capture function (note, which you need to first drag to your browser or save as a favorite in your browser once!) on the EndNote toolbar for Firefox or Internet Explorer to extract reference information from certain webpages, into either EndNote online or EndNote Desktop.

Before beginning, you will need to create an EndNote online account and use it to download and install the tools for your browser. Note:  Pop-ups must be allowed in your browser for the Capture function to work. (my emphasis)

1. Open a web page displaying the reference information you’d like to extract. A good one to test with is a book on Amazon.com.
  2. If importing into EndNote desktop, please open your EndNote library before proceeding. EndNote online users may skip this step.
  3. Click the Capture button on the EndNote toolbar in your browser.
  4. You will be prompted to log in to EndNote online.
  5. At the top of the next window, use the radio buttons to select whether you wish to export the information into EndNote or my.endnote.com.
  6. Review the information in the form for accuracy and edit it if necessary. If importing into EndNote online, you can also select which groups you’d like the reference to be imported into, if any.
  7. Click Save To when finished.
  8. If importing into EndNote online, you are done. Log in to EndNote online to confirm import. If using EndNote desktop, please choose Open. The reference should then import into your currently open EndNote library.

I thought I responded, but something must have happened to not allow it to post.  

see this Knowledge Base article.

http://endnote.com/kb/108026  

which has the information at the bottom with a few additions from me.  

But it is important to first add the capture bookmarklet (for more see below and also see the first image)

there is also a section starts on page 64 and then jump to pg  66 in the Little Book on this topic, but probably not explained any better (http://dewey.thomsonreuters.com/training/Little%20Book/Little_EndNote_How-To_Book.pdf) ) but there are screenshots that might help.  

http://endnote.com/kb/108026  

EndNote and EndNote Web: Using the Capture Function to Extract Reference Information from Web Pages

You can use the Capture function on the EndNote toolbar for Firefox or Internet Explorer (_I use Chrome) _to extract reference information from certain webpages, into either EndNote online or EndNote Desktop.

you first need to go to the Download tab of Endnote Online, where there is a “Capture Reference” grey box you need to drag to your bookmarks or save to your favorites – see the first ttached image.  I use chrome)

Before beginning, you will need to create an EndNote online account and use it to download and install the tools for your browser. Note: Pop-ups must be allowed in your browser for the Capture function to work. (my emphasis)

1. Open a web page displaying the reference information you’d like to extract. A good one to test with is a book on Amazon.com.
  2. If importing into EndNote desktop, please open your EndNote library before proceeding. EndNote online users may skip this step.
  3. Click the Capture button on the EndNote toolbar in your browser.
  4. You will be prompted to log in to EndNote online.
  5. At the top of the next window, use the radio buttons to select whether you wish to export the information into EndNote or my.endnote.com.
  6. Review the information in the form for accuracy and edit it if necessary. If importing into EndNote online, you can also select which groups you’d like the reference to be imported into, if any.
  7. Click Save To when finished.
  8. If importing into EndNote online, you are done. Log in to EndNote online to confirm import. If using EndNote desktop, please choose Open. The reference should then import into your currently open EndNote library.

See the second attached image to see what the download dialogue looks like, before you “download” .  On Chrome this downloads to the “Downloads” folder and is usually seen as a .RIS file at the bottom of the screen which you can then open to import into Endnote desktop.   other browsers may automatically open the file and import into endnote.  I like to make sure Endnote is already open with the appropriate library.