Exporting informations

Hello, 

Is it possible to have affiliation or institution informations as a field when I export my references from ScienceDirect to Endnote or Procite or Reference Manager?

Thank you for your help

Science Direct is not exporting the affiliation data. Below is a sample record, showing the RIS formatting, as exported from Science Direct. Although the affiliation data appears on the web version of this record, they are not including that data in the record that they export to EndNote, ProCite and Reference Manager.

If the affiliation data was included in a field tagged: AD  - , then EndNote would import it into the Author Address field. The tags for the RIS format are defined here:

http://www.refman.com/support/risformat_tags_06.asp

I suggest that you contact the technical support people at Science Direct and ask them to modify their output format to include this data.

Sample export:

TY - JOUR

T1 - Mechanisms of heavy metal sorption on alkaline clays from Tundulu in Malawi as determined by EXAFS

JO - Journal of Hazardous Materials

VL - 158

IS - 2-3

SP - 401

EP - 409

PY - 2008/10/30

T2 -

AU - Sajidu, S.M.I.

AU - Persson, I.

AU - Masamba, W.R.L.

AU - Henry, E.M.T.

UR - http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/B6TGF-4RSBYDY-6/2/2747d54f44de6c2456f9cd9a2433dd7c

KW - Heavy metal

KW - Tundulu mixed clay

KW - pHPZC

KW - EXAFS

KW - Polynuclear hydrolysis complex

AB -

Chromium(III), copper(II), zinc(II), cadmium(II), mercury(II) and lead(II) cations are among the most common heavy metal pollutants in industrial waste waters. In our continued work on cost effective wastewater heavy metal removal agents and methods using local material, this study examines the interactions of chromium(III), copper(II), zinc(II), cadmium(II), mercury(II) and lead(II) cations with natural mixed clay minerals from Tundulu in Malawi using extended X-ray absorption fine structure (EXAFS) spectroscopy. The mixed clays were previously characterised and found to contain illite, low ordered kaolinite, mixed layer minerals and the non-clay mineral carbonate fluoroapatite with a mean pHPZC of 9.63. The EXAFS analyses provided qualitative evidence that oxygen atoms occupy the first coordination shells in all the studied central atoms. The metal species on the clay mineral surfaces seem to be adsorbates and/or precipitates of hydrolysis products. Chromium(III) forms a polynuclear hydrolysis complex on the mineral surface with Cr-O bond and Cr...Cr distances of 2.00 and 3.03 Å, respectively, which is indicative of a chain structure with edge sharing CrO6 octahedra. Copper(II) is bound to phosphate groups on the surface at low pH and has a first shell of coordinated oxygen atoms with Jahn-Teller distortion as revealed by different Cu-O bonds of 1.96 Å for the equatorial ones, at 2.30 and 2.65 Å for the axial oxygens, and a Cu-P distance at 3.29 Å is distinguished as well. Upon treatment at neutral pH copper(I) oxide seems to be the main precipitation product on the clay surface. At neutral pH zinc(II) forms also polynuclear hydrolysis complexes with Zn-O bond and Zn...Zn distances of 2.01 and 3.11 Å, respectively, which shows the presence of edge sharing ZnO4 tetrahedra. Cadmium(II) is adsorbed to the clay surfaces as a six-coordinated CdO6 complex in octahedral fashion, but it is not possible to distinguish if cadmium is hydrated or partly hydrolysed. Mercury(II) is present as linear O-Hg-O units but without any observable Hg...Hg distance at high pH showing that mercury(II) is hydrolysed but not present as mercury(II) oxide. At low pH, linear O-Hg-Hg-O units are present showing that mercury(II) is reduced to mercury(I). No precise chemical environment around the lead(II) could be obtained for the lead(II) treated clays due to formation of different hydrolysis structures with multiple coordination numbers by lead(II) salts on the mixed clays.

ER -

1 Like

Thank you so much for your answer.

I would like to have your opinion about Endnote, Procite or Reference Manager: Which of them is the best to sort a lot of references, remove duplicates…? What do you know about the capacities of each them? I just know that 1000 records (each time) can be export from Science Direct to Endnote and I can enter 32,000 references per library. But I don’t know anything about the other softwares Procite and Reference manager.

Best regards,

Erell

Since Endnote 8, the 32,000 size limit was removed from endnote. 

Most of us are in the Endnote forum,  ummm because we use EndNote, for better or for worse. 

Procite is no longer under development, although still supported.  You could go over to the other two forums and pose your question.  I am sure they will tell you why they prefer the programs they use.  (although judging by the activity in the forums, Endnote must have a large market share, or they go elsewhere for their discussions).  See Thomas’s comparison here http://www.thomsonisiresearchsoft.com/compare/ and Wikipedia has a more extensive listing of software.   

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_reference_management_software.

there is another place, but I can’t find it right now…