12-13-2018 05:59 AM
I consulted an expert from inside the EndNote team, and got confirmed that the issue was being handled. Before a full solution comes out, I was suggested to go to CrossRef.org to find the reference and then import it from there into EndNote. PDF can be attached to the imported reference if preferred.
As a workaround, you can search for the references directly in the Crossref database with the DOI information and import it into the EndNote library. To do so, please follow the steps below:
1. Go to the webpage Crossref.org.
2. Click on “Search Metadata” and perform the search with the DOI number.
3. Click on Actions > Cite and choose the “RIS” format.
4. Copy/paste the RIS tagged information into a Notepad and save it as a “.txt” file.
5. Open your EndNote library. Click on File > Import > File.
6. Click on “Choose” and select the “.txt” file.
7. Choose “Reference Manager (RIS)” from the “Import Option” drop-down and click on “Import”.
I know this is 'semi-automatic', but at least sparing a lot of typing work :-)