Find Full text problem

Hello everyone,

I am endnote X6 (mac edition) user

Starting from Friday  (may 3rd) Endnote can not find any paper from American Chemical Society…Before it worked smoothly

Needless to say, We have all subscriptions, and you can go to ACS website, download paper and attached it to database manually, but it is so inconvenient compared to “Find Full text Button” in EndNote

All other journals (from other publishers), we are generally using, can be found without any problem

So, please help us!!

Thank you very much

Ferdinand,

PDA UIC at Chicago

ACS has likley changed something on their side that has temporaryily broken EndNote’s Find Full Text function. We are looking into this and will report back as soon as we know more. Hopefully, this will just require a slight adjustment on our end.

Stay tuned.

Jason Rollins, the EndNote team

Thank you very much

Hope, solution will come shortly!!

So, When approximately the problem will be solved?

and what we will need to do when you fix it? it will start working automatically or we need to download some update?

Please let me know once you find a solution!

Thanks
Ferdinand

Find full text seems to work for fairly recent issues of ACS journals, but not older ones. Yesterday I used FFT to get pdfs of Env. Sci. & Technol. papers from 2012 and 2013 but it didn’t work for a 2001 paper.

Hello,

We have been communicating with our ACS partners and they need more information to complete their research regarding the FFT problem.

Please let us know:

1. What citations you were trying to find FFT for

2. specifically what Journals and what year/volumes

3. What time of the day (including timzone)

Please attach a sample library (enlx format) with about 10 citations that will not Find Full Text from the ACS portal so that we can troubleshoot this further.

Sincerely,

Cheryl – The EndNote Team

Hi,

I have the same problem that I cannot use FFT function to get ACS journal papers.

Please find attached the .enlx file (please change the file name to examples .enlx ), in which the ACS papers cannot be downloaded by EndNote X6 that I am using.

Time Zone: UTC+10:00 Brisbane

The problem exists during the work time (9am to 5pm).

Hope you can fix it soon.

Thanks!

Wolfguang
examples .enz (184 KB)

Hello,

I tried actually almost all ACS journals. Neither for ASAP paper FFT is not available nor for other

Attached, please find compressed library with some references…FFT does not find any PDF for them

Chicago, IL, USA timezone GMT-6

Thank you

Ferdinand

Somehow I cannot attach .enlx file

Please provide e-mail address where I can send the library

Thanks

Ferdinand

Hi,

Please forward to cheryl (dot) rodriguez @ thomsonreuters (dot) com

thanks,

Cheryl – The EndNote Team

I am having the same problem with X5 (mac). All the ACS journals I have tried regardless of age are having the same issue.  Is there a fix yet?

@fmelkonyan wrote:

Hello everyone,

I am endnote X6 (mac edition) user

Starting from Friday  (may 3rd) Endnote can not find any paper from American Chemical Society…Before it worked smoothly

Needless to say, We have all subscriptions, and you can go to ACS website, download paper and attached it to database manually, but it is so inconvenient compared to “Find Full text Button” in EndNote

All other journals (from other publishers), we are generally using, can be found without any problem

So, please help us!!

Thank you very much

Ferdinand,

PDA UIC at Chicago

Hi Endnote Team,

Lately, I am also experiencing problem in downloading PDF documents using Endnote FFT from ACS website. In my case it is not working for any paper whether recent or old.

It is time consuming exercise to do it manually for each paper; literally not possible for me to do research without FFT.

I was hoping that Endnote team could have sorted it out by today but I think it is taking a long time. Not good for my research progress. 

Please Endnote team, help us out of this situation !!!

I have found exactly the same problem.  Not a single ACS journal article from my list of over 10 was downloaded, regardless from where I downloaded the citations.  Other references are fine.  It’ll be a shame if this can’t be fixed as it used to save so much time.

I look forward to hearing it’s been solved,

Dan

Hi Cheryl, I have the same problem with ACS and with one from Journal of Mass Spectrometry. (Wiley) We have access. the paper from JMS is not yet in WoK, but is in Crossref. Which does EndNote use to find full text? The open URL argument in my preferences is ?sid=ISI:WoS&aufirst=AUFIRST&aulast=AULAST&issn=ISSN&isbn=ISBN&atitle=ATITLE&title=TITLE&volume=VOLUME&issue=ISSUE&date=DATE&spage=SPAGE&epag

so I guess it is looking in WoK? Could this explain this one? Someone said EndNote find full text uses Crossref tho. Can you clarify please? 

Can’t attach .enlx file.  the refs are:

Bliss, D. Z., P. J. Weimer, et al. (2013). “In Vitro Degradation and Fermentation of Three Dietary Fiber Sources by Human Colonic Bacteria.” Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry 61 (19): 4614-4621.

Kruve, A., K. Kaupmees, et al. (2013). “Sodium adduct formation efficiency in ESI source.” Journal of Mass Spectrometry 48 (6): 695-702.

Thanks Priscilla

Is there any progress to this problem?

ACS has released their own reference manager product, ACS chemworx, and blocked the FFT of Endnote. My opinion.

I just had a patron here report this, and I had the same problem with ACS journals and the full text feature.  I contacted our ACS rep (I’m the chemistry librarian), and someone should get back to me.  But I was told they’re not blocking the journals.

Is there someone on the EndNote team who ACS can contact directly?

Teri (UC San Diego)

Hello everyone:

It’s correct that ACS is not blocking full text downloads. What happened is that they redesigned their website, removing some of the “hooks” that EndNote uses to be able to get the fulltexts.

At this time, we do not have a specific date when this will be resolved, but we are confident we will be able to find a solution. We have been in touch with ACS and are actively working on the issue. We appreciate your patience while we figure out the best plan of action.

Yesterday we made some substantial updates to EndNote Find Full Text. This should restore the functionality for American Chemical Society [ACS] and make improvements to the following:

• ALTEX  
  • American Economic Association
  • Annual Reviews
  • de Gruyter
  • IEEE
  • Institution of Civil Engineers  
  • Landes Bioscience
  • Medical Journal of Australia  
  • KoreaMed
  • Synapse Journals  
  • Optics InfoBase
  • Thieme
  • Allen Press  
  • Atypon  
  • BioMed Central
  • CSIRO
  • Emerald  
  • HighWire  
  • Karger
  • MetaPress
  • PLoS
  • Portland Press  
  • Project MUSE
  • PubMed Central
  • Springer
  • Taylor and Francis
  • American Phytopathological Society (APS Journals)  
  • American Society of Agronomy  
  • Schattauer  

These updates are optimized for users of EndNote X6 & X7 for Windows and Macintosh. Of course, we cannot guarantee that everyone will find every single journal article from all of these sources but most of you should see improvements. Please share any feedback.

Jason Rollins, the EndNote team

Dear JasonR,

Thank you!

Where we can find the update?

On you website, there are only old updates avaiable and new one but only for X7(PC release)

Thanks,

Ferdinand 

There is no need to download anything, fmelkonyan! The updates were all on our servers. Apologies if that was not clear. Go ahead and test the feature and let us know if it behaves better.