Full stop at start of film references APA 6th

Hi, my film references have a full stop at the start as shown below. I’m doing APA 6th and this appears to be incorrect. Has anyone come across this before or able to help?

Thank you!

Vicki

. The 1905 Act (Revised Version of The South West Aborigines). (2016). [San Francisco, California, USA] :: Kanopy Streaming.

. Jarlmadangah : our dream. (2007), The CAAMA collection; CAAMA collection. [Australia] :: Ronin Films.

Are you sure the document is using APA 6th? Your resulting output doesn’t really match that “Film or Broadcast” template in APA 6th.  

Director (Writer)^(Writers)| & Series Director (Director)^(Directors)|. (Year Released)|. Title| [Medium]|. In Producer (Producer)|, Series Title|. Place Published|: Distributor|.

But what you are seeing is the result of something similar to the red periods where one of the |. character combinations is being included despite the fields before it not having any content.  So if there were no Director (or Series Director) but there was a “Year Released”  that full stop would be included with the (Year Released) info.  As I said above, in your case the template for “Film or Broadcast” in the bibliography idoesn’t appear to be what you are geting in the output, so you should double check what output style you are using in the document, so you edit the correct output style.  

but whichever ref type you are using, as you don’t have anything in the fields preceding the Title field, you need to edit the output style to move all the | (which are “separation” characters) to the other side of the full stop. – Also you are getting a double :: so there are a few other glitches to your output.  

so you want something more like this in your edited template - I have color coded some of the fields to indicate which fields I think your included information is mapped to in the record.  

|Director (Writer)^(Writers)| & Series Director (Director)^(Directors).| Title| [Medium]| (Year Released).| In Producer (Producer)|, Series Title.| [Place Published]|: Distributor.|

. The 1905 Act (Revised Version of The South West Aborigines). (2016). [San Francisco, California, USA] :: Kanopy Streaming.

. Jarlmadangah : our dream. (2007), The CAAMA collection; CAAMA collection. [Australia] :: Ronin Films.