Groups sets and iPad syncing

I have group sets on desktop set up as follows:  Module 4 and then underneath that week 1, week 2, week 3 etc.  I then have another group set called Module 5 with the same sub headings, week 1 etc.  All gruoed fine on desk and online.

However, when viewed on iPad, they do not stay in those groupings.  I see 2 week 1s together, 2 week 2s etc. Is theresome iPad formatting I am missing?

Greetings becsp1234,

As you’ve noted, EndNote for iPad doesn’t display custom group set names.  Typically, we’d suggest adding the name of your group set to the beginning of the associated group names.  For instance, if you had a group set called ‘Group Set A’ and that group set contained five groups, we’d suggest naming these groups “Group Set A Group 1”, “Group Set A Group 2”, “Group Set A Group 3”, “Group Set A Group 4”, “Group Set A Group 5”.  Of course this is not required, but doing so would still allow you to cluster groups together within EndNote for iPad and within EndNote online itself.

It’s been a while. Is there an actual solution for this? Can we sync group sets?

Yes, please!  I need to be able to sync group sets between my Macbook and my iPad too.  This is really important.  Any way this can be fixed now in 2017? Many thanks.

Is there any way that group sets could be implemented? I keep all my files in a single database and group my groups under group sets so they are easy to find. I have 13 group sets and HUNDREDS of groups. To try to wade through all of the individual groups in alphabetical order is inordinately inconvenient. I just tried using Endnote on my iPad today for the first time, but am seriously considering just forgetting it as it doesn’t have the group sets. 

Is there any way that group sets could be implemented? I keep all my files in a single database and group my groups under group sets so they are easy to find. I have 13 group sets and HUNDREDS of groups. To try to wade through all of the individual groups in alphabetical order is inordinately inconvenient. I just tried using Endnote on my iPad today for the first time, but am seriously considering just forgetting it as it doesn’t have the group sets. 

Greetings rgong1,

I can confirm it’s not currently possible to display group set names within EndNote for iPad.  As mentioned earlier in this thread, we’d suggest adding the name of your group set to the beginning of the associated group names.  For instance, if you had a group set called ‘Group Set A’ and that group set contained five groups, we’d suggest naming these groups “Group Set A Group 1”, “Group Set A Group 2”, “Group Set A Group 3”, “Group Set A Group 4”, “Group Set A Group 5”.  I can definitely understand this solution isn’t ideal when working with as many groups as you’ve mentioned, and apologize for any inconvenience, but I’ll certainly add your vote to this product enhancement request.

Please add my vote to getting group sets to show on IPad. I have set up my whole Doctorate based upon using Endnote on my IPad with an occasional check in on my Mac - really need this feature if at all possible. Andy