How Can I edit the Author's name different size on uppercase

Hi, everyone

when i edit new style in Endnote, I have some problems. I need your help.

1 .one journal’s author’s name is very strange. He need edit like that: TOM, 

How can I do it

1. because the magazine is published in Germany, there are some words are in German, for example, the page, they use SS or S which is not PP or P; but part of some are PP or P, so what can I edit when the title is german, I will use SS, and when the title is english, I use PP.

3.this question is very tricky. What are the differences between manazine and journal 

when I see one reference, how can i know it is from a manazine or journal

Thanks very much.

Have a nice day

Yixi

guyixi@googlemail.com 

to 1. Under “Author name” look in “capitalisation” for “small uppercase”, i think that should display the name like you want it. If you only want to display one author that way, than in don’t think thats possible by editing the style (only in-text?)

to 2. shouldn’t it be either pp/p OR ss/s ? When you use one reference type i think all the citations should be written in the same way?

If you do not want that, maybe you can edit the bibliography templates. Maybe by combining the “Link adjacent text” with language field? I think somewhere in this forum there was a thread about combining fields to give different  outputs (was about weblinks or something like that). Maybe look around for that, or hope someone writes it in here, for i dont know how to exactly do that.

to 3. in my opinion journals are for the scientific area and magazine more for life/hobby/etc.  To see the difference in a reference maybe look at the title? I’m pretty clueless there too.

sometimes very subtle.  Sometime we ignore it!  Science refers to itself as “Magazine” but we still quote it as a journal reference type.  See
http://www.genesee.edu/library/InfoLit/Guides/Periodical_Journal_or_Magazine_Whats_the_Difference.pdf 

for some info on this

@guyixi wrote:

3.this question is very tricky. What are the differences between magazine and journal 

when I see one reference, how can i know it is from a magazine or journal

Message Edited by Leanne on 10-25-2008 03:23 PM

Thx very much.

I think maybe this magazine doesnot have a system.