How to make citations consistent with author surname and initial

I am using Endnot X7 and in the bibliography in my Word document the style is not consistent. I am using Oxford-Author Date and I have hundreds of citations in this document.  Some contain first names, and others contain initials.  Could someone please tell me how to make it consistent so the author surname and initial are displayed for all citations?

Thank you.

The setting in the style for Author First Names in the bibliography for the Oxford Author Dat style is Full Name.

See attached file

EndNote would only be able to display the Full Name if it is entered in EndNote.

So if you are getting a mixture or Full Names and just initials and want just initials you will need to edit the style.

In EndNote you can go to Edit > Output Styles > Open Style Manager > locate the style you are using > Click Edit > go to Author Name under Bibliography > here change the setting on Initials to the format you prefer > go To File > Save As > (EndNote will not allow you to change the existing style in EndNote but will always apply the change to a copy of the style) Click Save to save the changes to a copy of the style > close the style window.

You can follow the steps on our website for how to switch styles in a document:

https://support.clarivate.com/Endnote/s/article/EndNote-Changing-Output-Styles-Within-a-Document?language=en_US

Let us know if you have any questions or if this does not resolve the issue.

Oxford Author Date.jpg