Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
User
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

How to organise my references

Hello,

I have around 200 references for different things i am working on. I am trying to categorise them by topic. So I make a group and copied/pasted references into there. But now in the 'all references' section, there are duplicates of the references I had copied to paste into the group file (even though the references I copied and paste did successfully end up in their group folder). Why is this happening with the duplicates in the all references? I  just want to organize my references into groups based on for each manuscript i am working on. Is there any way I can do this better?

Thanks.

Mentor
0 Kudos

Re: How to organise my references

Don't copy and paste them.  Just drag them.  It will not move them out of another group, but can associate a record in multiple groups.  Copy and paste makes a new copy so it is a duplicate. 

(long time Endnote user)
Highlighted
User
0 Kudos

Thanks!

User
0 Kudos

In general, do you have any tips for the best ways to organise references pertaining to different manuscripts? Is putting the references in a group for each manuscript the best way?

Mentor
0 Kudos

You can, or you could add a keyword and create a smart group based on that keyword (or any other field).  

As an alternative, if your endnote version creates a group when you are editing a paper, you can DRAG them to a new group and when the number in that temporary group is more than the number in your new group, drag them again (it will add just the new ones).  

(long time Endnote user)