How to recover a Library Package

How can I recover a library package? (.enlp extentension) I am running X7 on a Mac OSX Yosemite. I had been working on Endnote X4 for Windows earlier in the afternoon without problem and store my libraries in Dropbox.

I get a message that simply says "the document xxx.enlp could not be opened.

Apparently, I can not use the Recover Library command with Library Packages. Is there another fix.

Incidentally this problem seems to be a longstanding issue, as I found the previous message stating the same issue when going from X4 windows back to to X7 mac.

Help PLEASE!

According to the knowledgebase article http://endnote.com/kb/115635 Endnote is not compatible with Dropbox. Suggest you contact tech support as they may be able to reconstruct your file.

Technical support

For help using EndNote

Monday – Friday, 9 a.m. – 8 p.m. Eastern (GMT -5)

+1-800-336-4474, press 4

Submit a technical support request

International support contacts

@websipemd wrote:

How can I recover a library package? (.enlp extentension) I am running X7 on a Mac OSX Yosemite. I had been working on Endnote X4 for Windows earlier in the afternoon without problem and store my libraries in Dropbox.

I get a message that simply says "the document xxx.enlp could not be opened.

Apparently, I can not use the Recover Library command with Library Packages. Is there another fix.

Incidentally this problem seems to be a longstanding issue, as I found the previous message stating the same issue when going from X4 windows back to to X7 mac.

Help PLEASE!

Not sure if this .enlp issue was solved. I encountered the same problem, and right clicked the library package to get the option of “show package contents”. This would open the package folder. Then, copy the content including a .enl file and a .data folder into a new folder outside the package. You may now recover your library with the Recover Library command by directing the tool to the .enl file.