How to shut off scanning unformatted reference every time after insert a new reference on mac version

Hi,

My problem is every time I insert a new reference or edit a reference, it starts scanning unformatted reference, and it always take ages to finish the scanning. It wastes a lot of time while writing.

Anyone knows how to turn the scanning off?

Thanks.

disable instant formating.  I am not sure where that is in the mac version, but probably in the format bibliography dialog.

Thank you for your reply. I did turn off the instant formatting, but it still shows scannning unformatted citations every time I insert or change reference.

shouldn’t – I would call tech support?  

Hi, did you eventually solve your problem? I have the same problem on Window’s OS. It is very time consuming.

Thanks!

Wwen

@cindy2014 wrote:

Hi,

My problem is every time I insert a new reference or edit a reference, it starts scanning unformatted reference, and it always take ages to finish the scanning. It wastes a lot of time while writing.

Anyone knows how to turn the scanning off?

Thanks.

It also sometimes helps to turn of the url linking during formating of citations, which is a tickbox in the bibliography menu and needs to be done, document by document.