How to sort Author and Title together

Hello.

I have a custom sorting style (custom,jpg)
Curently, if there is no Author, EndNote sorts bibliography items in a way as showed in a Sorted_current.jpg: (at first - items withot Author, then - with Author)

What I want is to sort all these items based on a first field, regardless it is an Author or a title (Sorted_Expect.jpg).

Is it possible to do in Endnote. If yes, then how?

Thanks.

custom.jpg

There is an anonymous setting in the output style options.  I think if you select either of the highlighted options there, it will include the title in your sort.  APA specifications may work too.  (Oddly enough, my APA output style didn’t use that option, out of the box - I attach the APA style I use where I have also corrected some random spacing issues).  

APA 6th -spacingfixed.ens (64.2 KB)

Thanks. Thanks a lot. You saved my days. Such an easy way, but difficult to find for a new user!!!
Without this I thought to create a new field in all my refarance types, and copy there authors or titles (if there is no author). This would take from me about 2-3 days I think, cause I have many books/articles and 10 reference types, and ofcourse it would be inefficient in terms of info repetition and further management.

glad I could help.  It does help that I “grew up” with this program, having used it from it’s infancy in the late 1980s I think!  

1 Like