How to stop (ii) being converted to a reference

Hi, 

In my thesis I have a number of sections where I summarise my argument using (i), (ii), (iii), etc. Every time I type in (ii) it is corrected by Endnote into a reference. How do I stop this from happening?

I have clicked on this reference and tried to remove it using “Edit & manage citation(s)”, however it reappears when I update my citations. As a last resort, I copied my thesis to a new Word document, manually removed all references and clicked “Convert to Plain Text”. When I click “Update citations and bibliography” in this new document, all of the (ii)s are again converted to references! Again, it continues even after I remove them using “Edit & manage citation(s)”. 

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Thanks,

Rebecca

It sounds like you have changed your bibliography layout settings or preferences to use regular parentheses rather than the default curly brackets as your endnote temporary delimiters.  

You can change as in the the attached image for the document you are working on. Image 1

You should change it in the peferences (on a PC you edit from the Edit menu, on a Mac, I think it is under the “apple” menu).  see image 2

Thank you so much, that worked!