I am having problem when I cite while writing, I need urgent help

Hello

I have Endnote X9, downloaded from the Queen Mary University of London on my MacBook Pro, I am using Harvard style.

When I downloaded it, it works fine, later I faced a few problems. 

Before when I “cite while writing” in the word document, the references appear in the correct format, like this: (Bourque et al., 2018), and at the end of the document it shows the references like this: 

BOURQUE, G., BURNS, K. H., GEHRING, M., GORBUNOVA, V., SELUANOV, A., HAMMELL, M., IMBEAULT, M., IZSVÁK, Z., LEVIN, H. L. & MACFARLAN, T. S. 2018. Ten things you should know about transposable elements. Genome biology, 19 , 1-12.

Later I do not know what happened when I cite any ref it appears like this: {HaploReg-v4.1, 2015 #51} (different type of brackets plus hashtag and a number).

In addition, it does not have any link to the refs at the bottom of the document.

Also, ** the word “Uncategorized References” appears before the refs.**

I do not know how to solve this problem and I have assignments to finish, please guide me

Many thanks

Huda 

The Instant Formatting setting appears to have gotten turned off in the document. Please see the following KB article.

https://support.clarivate.com/Endnote/s/article/EndNote-Instant-Formatting-settings-in-Word?language=en_US

You may also turned on the Categorize Reference feature in the middle of the EndNote tab and you can uncheck that option.

If you continue to have trouble with the document then please contact Technical Support directly:

1-800-336-4474 option 4 then 1

or
https://endnote.com/contact/

You may have inadvertently set autoformatting to the off position, and you can manually update or turn it back on.  (see image) 

But if unrecognized reference, the output style may not have a generic template nor the template for that type of record.  It looks like it should be a journal ref type though, so check the record for the ref type.  Also make sure you select that output style in the word document to make sure it is accessible.