Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
New User
Accepted Solution

IEEE style citation problem

Hi Endnote user, 

I am having a strange kind of error while inserting IEEE citation style in MS2010. My document is 450 pages long and when I used IEEE citation it writes {authername, year} instead of [1] secondly, it does not show reference section at the last page. 

However, when I open a new word document it works perfectly.. 

What should I do? any suggestion will be greatly appreciated! 

Thanks, 

Sandy Chahal 

Highlighted
Mentor

Re: IEEE style citation problem

If the style works in a new document you could, using a backup copy of your document, try converting the in-text citations to unformatted citations (which also removes the bibliography.). Then copy the entire document to a new document (use the Select All command in the MS Word "Home" tab). Save the new document then convert the unformatted citations into formatted citations.

Highlighted
Mentor

I assume you have checked to ensure that the style being used in the document on the endnote toolbar/ribbon is IEEE and not an (author, year) output style  - It won't apply the output style to the document just by changeing it in the endnote program itself.  

(long time Endnote user)
Highlighted
New User

Thanks crazyGecko, 

it wokred... and could you please mentioned what could be the reason for not working in the same file. 

I remember that before I had these symbols  { } in my document and it was giving same problem.. 

I remeber I clicked something 'ignore all' while entering IEEE citation but I don't exactly remember where I got that option.. 

" this hint might give a clue " 

Thanks, 

Chahal

Highlighted
New User

I figured.... the instant formatting was off under Note note 7 note... just turned it on and working fine. 

Highlighted
New User

Hi I had the same problem and solved it by selecting IEEE both in EndNote and MSWord and in the EndNote tab of MSWord select the IEEE style instead of Annotated.