Import a list of titles in excel to Endnote X7

Hello

I would like to import the records detailed in the file attached to my Endnote desktop software. Please note I just need to import the information detailed, that is, the title of each article. Could you please suggest how to do it?

Thank you very much in advance,

Jesús

Opengrey Excel.zip (42.2 KB)

I suppose you dont get an aswer because its obvious: you export the excel sheet to a txt file (tab delimited) and then introduce the modifications as specified by the manuel of Endnote (see Creating a Tab-Delimited Format) and import it into Endnote.

Best

there is a YouTube video to help you thru the steps.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28XuGsjiIoI

(added in edit) – but all it is a hyperlinked list of titles?  What do you want in the library?  

Is this works on EndNote Web too?
Because I tried and did not work.

Possibly not.  The online version is not as – oh what is the word – flexible?  

@misto_x wrote:

Is this works on EndNote Web too?
Because I tried and did not work.

Yes, it’s possible to mport a list of titles from an Excel spreadsheet into Endnote Web – see attached image for result. It’s just a matter of organizing the Excel data and saving it as a tab-delimited text file; then adding a header using MS Word or Notepad; and finally importing the final file into Endnote Web.

PROCEDURE

Note : These instructions also apply when importing Excel into Endnote desktop (per the OP’s query).

1. The Excel spreadsheet could just contain a column of titles but the reference type could also be included to facilitate referencing after importing but is optional (see image #1 for Excel layout). Save the Excel spreadsheet as a .txt text (tab delimited) file.

2. Use MS Word or Notepad to open the text file and add the header “*Generic” (with asterick) to the top of the list then save the file. (Refer to image #1.)

3. Now go to Endnote Web and click the “Collect” option. (Refer to image #2.) Then click on “Import References”. Locate and select the text file to be imported; designate “Tab-delimited” as the import option; then indicate where the import of references should go – in this example a group named “Imported Titles” was created to contain the imported data.