Importing multiple set of groups or old library

Hi, 

I tried to unify my libraries at Endnote so:

1. I can’t find a way to import or transfer multiple sets of groups from one library to the other (the references are imported but in an “Unfile” group.  Is any way I can transfer the groups including the labels of the groups. Because now I have more than 700 names under the same category “Unfiled”?

2. My online Endnote has now 0 references, however, now if I click to sync the library on the computer it gets 0 references and erases the 700 names I had on the desktop. Is there a way to sync from the desktop to the online app and not vice-versa?

I would appreciate the help, have been going around several hours and can’t find a way to have the references all together in the same library with the same group categories.  

Thanks!

1.  I edit the members of the group to add the group name to the Keywords or an unused field and then create a new smart group based on the field/word.  I then copy them into a static group, regularly copying all to that group when the number in the smart group grows larger (like when I am importing a search that I know I want to add to that group, and modify the imported set with that keyword).  

2.  I think these instructions will help changed the synced library. Make sure you backup everything first (as I suspect you have already?)  http://guides.library.uwa.edu.au/c.php?g=595333&p=4291108 (if your browser will translate from Chinese, you can try this link too!  https://support.clarivate.com/Endnote/s/article/EndNote-%E5%A6%82%E4%BD%95%E9%87%8D%E7%BD%AE%E5%90%8C%E6%AD%A5%E8%AE%BE%E7%BD%AE?language=zh_CN

@alexandrag wrote:

1. I can’t find a way to import or transfer multiple sets of groups from one library to the other (the references are imported but in an “Unfile” group.  Is any way I can transfer the groups including the labels of the groups. Because now I have more than 700 names under the same category “Unfiled”?

1. My online Endnote has now 0 references, however, now if I click to sync the library on the computer it gets 0 references and erases the 700 names I had on the desktop. Is there a way to sync from the desktop to the online app and not vice-versa?

I would appreciate the help, have been going around several hours and can’t find a way to have the references all together in the same library with the same group categories.  

Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks! I have tried before with the same link you have given me  (library.uwa.edu.au) however, this time I’ve pressed the button that was in the bar at the top instead of the one in the side (sync status) and it worked.

Now my library is sync properly, thanks!