Insert citation inactive

Hello, 

I have just activated my trial version of X7 on Mac with a product key yet the insert citation button and cite while you write menu are still inactive. I want to use endnote to insert citations into pages but the when i click insert endnote citation it cant find any library to take references from. 

Can anybody help me? 

Thank you!

Ellie 

Is your computer system and word processor compatible with Endnote X7? Refer to below:

Macintosh compatibility and system requirements

What you need:

EndNote X7 is not currently compatible with Microsoft Word 2016 for Mac. We are actively developing a patch for EndNote X7 and anticipate this free update to be ready in Sept/Oct.

• Mac OS X 10.6.x and later
  • Intel-based Macintosh
  • Hard disk with 400 MB available
  • Minimum 256 MB of available RAM
  • CD-ROM drive required for installation of shipped version (not required for installation of download version)

Word processor software

• Microsoft Word [Cite While You Write] for Macintosh: 2008 (SP1), 2011
  • Partner integration for Cite While You Write: Apple® Pages ’09; Apple® Pages 5
  • Partner integration for Cite While You Write: Wolfram Mathematica 8
  • Format Paper: Word processors that save .rtf files:
    • Word Perfect versions 11, 12, 13, 14
    • Apple iWork® Pages versions 1, 2.x, 3.x, 4.x, 5.2
    • WordPad for supported Windows versions
    • TextEdit for supported Macintosh OSX versions
    • Apache OpenOffice versions 1, 2.x, 3.x
    • Nissus Writer Macintosh OSX version
    • Mellel versions 1, 2.x
  • Format Paper: Word processors that save .odt files
    • Apache OpenOffice versions 1, 2.x, 3.x

Make sure you are in the library and not in the “online” search mode in endnote.  You can also try the combined library+online search (the books on the globe).  See image attached of the windows version – not sure how the mac icons look.  

Capture.JPG

I’ve checked that and all seems to be fine. I’ve worked out how to insert citations into pages I’m just still not sure why the insert citation and format bibliography buttons are still grey and inactive. 

There are still compatibility issues with Apple Pages I think.  

http://kbportal.thomson.com/display/2/index.aspx?tab=browse&c=&cpc=&cid=&cat=&catURL=&r=0.7702053 

and you need a plug-in?  

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204395 

The insert citation and format bibliography commands in the OS X version of EndNote expoect you to have Microsoft Word 2008 or 2011. Inserting citations in the Pages program must be done from Inside Pages.

Thanks,

Colin

1 Like

Is there an update to this plug-in production for Microsoft 2016? Is there a place this is located to download? Thank you for your help!

It is currently in beta – search the forum and you will find numerous threads.