Inserting "see also" in the in-text citation

Hi,

I have a little problem.

I am trying to insert an in-text citation using Endnote to create something like this example 

(Zarrow, 2001; see also Copperfield, 2008; Jay, 2013; Penn & Teller, 2012; Stone, 2012; Thurston, 1930)

However, Endnote will automatically make the in-text citation alphabetized and the in-text citation will look like the following

(see also Copperfield, 2008; Jay, 2013; Penn & Teller, 2012; Stone, 2012; Thurston, 1930; Zarrow, 2001)

I want to keep the alphabetical order of in-text citations except for cases of (see also, or for a review, see) where the references should be alphabetized before the “see also” and alphabetized again afterward (APA style)

I really hope there is a solution!

Thank you so much!

Meriam

Endnote doesn’t allow ordering of a group of in-text citations to over ride the global setting – The only “work around” would be to insert the two groups separately with a space between them and fix it before submission.  Especially since you want both sets alphabetized separately. One request in suggestions was to have a setting  to override global settings and not to rearrange at all one group of citations, but that wouldn’t suffice here.  

Thank you so much Leanne for your response.

I have been looking for a solution and yours is the best I have found yet!

Thank you so much and have a lovely day!

• Meriam