User

Re: More than One References Headings

HI 

I am trying to upload the file, but it will not let me upload a .odt file 

User

Hi 

this is a ziped copy of the file 

i dont know how to put the references together into one and stop new one appearing ???

thank you for the help

Brian 

User

HI

can anyone see whats wrong with this file?

help please !

brian

Mentor

Re: More than One References Headings (answer further edited)

[ Edited ]

you need to zip it up (ok you did that) -- further comments at the end after editing

but I reiterate, if you save a word document as an .odt file you WILL LOSE YOUR ENDNOTE FIELDS and it will not work.  You either need to work in OpenOffice with endnote on .odt files and save them from OOF or you need to save your document as .doc or .docx files in word and only work in word with endnote.  Any other combination will convert the fields to plain text and you will continue to create new bibliographies at the end of the document each time you save and open the document.  

In the document you have attached, there are no longer any endnote fields.  Why are you saving it as an .odt file and not as a .docx or .doc file?  

Looking further, I can see that you have a mentor making comments.  If he is using OpenOffice and saving it, this will also delete your fields.  You need to consider using OOF, but I don't believe basic endnote online works with Open Office either.  You may need to review or incorporate your mentors comments by openning the two documents side by side (the .doc and the .odt) and linking them, and modifying the word document from the mentors comments in the Open Office version.  maintaining the .doc file as it is and saving it as a word .doc filetype.  

(long time Endnote user)
User

Re: More than One References Headings (answer futher edited)

HI

thank you for the help 

i will save it as a .doc file

It would have saved a lot of time if a notice or popup was created by endnote to say it does not work with the latest version of word.

thank you again for all the help.

Brian

Mentor

Re: More than One References Headings (answer futher edited)

It does work with the latest version of word.  It doesn't work if you use alternative save as file types which are not native word formats.  

(long time Endnote user)