New In-text Citation Templates?

Is it possible to add new In-Text Citation Templates?

for example, sometimes I would like to use: ‘A_uthor_ and colleagues (year)’ instead of ‘A_uthor_ et al. (year)’

regards

Mark

I myself think that would be a never ending box of worms.  You can still always use the edit citation “remove author” and type in exactly what you want to appear infront of the (Year) field in the text.  Far more flexible.

While I agree with the response given, I think that did not answer the question.  Can one add additional in-text citation templates?  I am trying to create both an annotated bibliograhy - so I just want the bibliographic reference to the one article/book, etc., while retaining the first occurence idea in EndNote.  subsequent references to this item would be … et al.  

Or to simply have an author mentioned (and tracked) without the parentheses.  yes, I could just type the name but then there is no tracking.  

While I agree with the response given, I think that did not answer the question.  Can one add additional in-text citation templates?  I am trying to create both an annotated bibliograhy - so I just want the bibliographic reference to the one article/book, etc., while retaining the first occurence idea in EndNote.  subsequent references to this item would be … et al.  

Or to simply have an author mentioned (and tracked) without the parentheses.  yes, I could just type the name but then there is no tracking.  

mcoblentz , Endnote currently allows only one citation template at a time to be operational. If, however, what you’re saying is that you want the first citation to include all the authors but subsequent occurrences of the same citation to show just the first author followed by et al., you can modify the output style’s “Author Names” section (located under Citations).

As to your second question, you could insert the citation then hide the Author and Year, leaving a blank space to manually type the author’s name. This method preserves the Endnote field code and tracking.

Or convert the citation itself to hidden text, so it is still visible (to you).  

There are only 2 styles in endnote citation

I need a third style in the document

(Author1, year; Author2, year, Author3, year)

How to do this?

There are only 2 styles in endnote citation.

I need a third style in the document

(Author1, year; Author2, year, Author3, year)

I do not want to type manually; Endnote should do it for the user.

How can I do this?

How do you do what?  a group of citations?  that is automatic, if you cite a group?