I have just downloaded the free trial version. My first impression is that it seems so complicated that entering one’s references manually is way easier than trying to learn so many bits and pieces.
I have piles of PDFs collated in my dropbox, which I wanted to transfer to Endnote for further use, I do not want to enter the citation details such as author, year, etc. I would like it automatically list- which it does for some of the PDFs but not for all. Why?
Secondly, I have list of references in word documents, which I would like to transfer to Endnote. I read many fora and watched youtube videos. It seems complicated. I could not manage the travelling library thingy.
I tried the manual which teaches how to cite while you write. The sample, I mean. The reference did not appear!
Honestly, I am about to give up.
I hope someone sees this and sends me a practical note.
All the best
Honestly I am about to give up.
Secondly,

I have just downloaded the free trial version. My first impression is that it seems so complicated that entering one’s references manually is way easier than trying to learn so many bits and pieces.

Not if you have to use the same references in multiple writing or if you use a numbered format, for example.  It is so worth investing in the software learning curve.  It is powerful, and thus someone complicated. 

I have piles of PDFs collated in my dropbox, which I wanted to transfer to Endnote for further use, I do not want to enter the citation details such as author, year, etc. I would like it automatically list- which it does for some of the PDFs but not for all. Why?

This is dependent on the PDF itself and what meta-data is in the file.  If it is scan, for example, it will have no meta-data.  If it is older, it may not have the meta-data.  Typing in the data once, is no different than having to type it into your document everytime?  

Secondly, I have list of references in word documents, which I would like to transfer to Endnote. I read many fora and watched youtube videos. It seems complicated.

Similarly, if you have to type in your citations everytime you write a paper, putting them into Endnote manually ONCE, is no different?  Depending on your field, you probably should look for a database to import your citations from, rather than trying to import them somehow from an existing document, (or copy paste each item in).  Some database importing will be easier than others.  Google Scholar for example, is probably one by one.  

I could not manage the travelling library thingy.

Not really that useful, unless you are collaborating with others using endnote.  It is a share feature, not a way to get references into your endnote library (although if you have a collaborator using endnote, you can obtain their endnote citations used in a word documnet to import into your own library).  

I tried the manual which teaches how to cite while you write. The sample, I mean. The reference did not appear!

You probably need to go into word and make sure you are using an output style, like Author-year, rather than the default “annotated” that you probably have started with.  If you use footnote styles of bibliography, that also might result in no citation at the point of insert, because you need to first insert the footnote using word and then insert the citation in the footnote.  

The youtube videos like below probably would be useful to get you started. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnqPjjKwEPk (in 7 minutes)

and short course, with time stamps for specific topics here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dA8SAMZo0xw

Then there are actual live webinars, you can sign up for and ask questions in real time.  You may have found the www.endnote.com site and the training link there, but if not, it is a great resource.  

http://endnote.com/training

Honestly, I am about to give up.

I hope someone sees this and sends me a practical note.

Hope you don’t give up.  The long term gain is worth the learning curve.