Non-stardard reference order within a bracket

Hi all,

I cannot figure out of the following is possible. Let’s say I have my output style set so that bracketed citations in MS Word are ordered alphabetically. I want to be able to create a single exception to that standard order, in order to be able to comment within a citation. 

For example, let’s say that I want to have a bracket like this (Apples 2001; Bananas 2002; but see objections in Apricots 2000).

If I put ‘but see objections in’ as a prefix for the Apricots 2000 reference, just gets re-ordered into the middle. 

Is there any way that I can tell EndNote that I want to have a custom order within a single bracket? Or any other solution that isn’t just manually changing it after converting to ‘plain text’?

Thanks!

David

Not really.  Often requested feature.  The easiest way to achieve this is to edit the Apricots citation, more, hide that citation (exclude author and year), and type the whole thing in the suffix of Bananas complete with semi-colon ("; but see objections in Apricots 2000").  

Excellent, thanks for the workaround - much better than having to remember to do things at the very final stage