Problem with author separators in the citations (EndNoteX6)

Hello,

I have a problem with setting the semicolon (journal requirements) as a separator in the citation of several authors. Although I set semicolon:  in the ‘Citations’ - ‘Author lists’ - Author Separators’ - for ‘3 to 100 Authors’ - ‘between’ - before last’ and ‘before last in format: Author (Year)’ - I receive commas between Authors.

I will be grateful for any help!

Anna

Are you wanting to reflect this change in the citations or in the bibliography? - With the setting you are showing, it would affect the citations, and you only have 1, 2 or 1 et al displayed according to your settings.  You also have a space in front of the last semi-colon, which should probably not be there.  

the citations are showing for me, with those settings (started with APA 6th): 

(Pawluk, 2018; Pedersen et al., 2018; Prieto et al., 2018; Qian et al., 2018; Rossant and Tam, 2018; Smith et al., 2018; Tettey et al., 2018; Wang et al., 2018; Wu et al., 2018; Xiong et al., 2018)

And author (year)

Meyer et al. (2018); Nimmagadda et al. (2018)

You need to do this for the bibliography settings and you would need to see more than the 2 authors to get any of those semi-colons to show?  

Are you wanting to reflect this change in the citations or in the bibliography? - With the setting you are showing, it would affect the citations, and you only have 1, 2 or 1 et al displayed according to your settings.  You also have a space in front of the last semi-colon, which should probably not be there.  

the citations are showing for me, with those settings (started with APA 6th): 

(Pawluk, 2018; Pedersen et al., 2018; Prieto et al., 2018; Qian et al., 2018; Rossant and Tam, 2018; Smith et al., 2018; Tettey et al., 2018; Wang et al., 2018; Wu et al., 2018; Xiong et al., 2018)

And author (year)

Meyer et al. (2018); Nimmagadda et al. (2018)

You need to do this for the bibliography settings and you would need to see more than the 2 authors to get any of those semi-colons to show?  

Thank you very much for your reply. I need to show the citations (not in bibliography) in the form as you gave (Pawluk, 2018; Pedersen et al., 2018; Prieto et al., 2018; etc.) but I have: (Pawluk, 2018, Pedersen et al., 2018, Prieto et al., 2018, etc.). with the settings what I showed earlier (I removed the space before the last semi-colon - thank you for your remark). I think I may have some error in EndNote software. Is it possible?

no, the separators you need changed are in the Citation template settings.  see the image attached.  

Yes, it works now. Thank you very much!

I once had a similar problem, but now everything is working, I hope that the developers have fixed it.