Recovering multiple citations by record number within an EndNote 20 database

If the preferences are turned off as shown in the attached image, you can put the record numbers separated by semi-colons in curly brackets in the document (not the search bar), and endnote will resolve them.  

I will caution you, that the Endnote record numbers can be changed by Endnote if your library is uploaded into the cloud and then downloaded to another machine.  I have taken to using the accession number field (which comes from pubmed) in my temporary citations settings (also in preference) - or do a change/move/copy (tools in ENX9 and earlier, references menu in EN20 I think) to move your records numbers into the label field and use that. I do this somewhat regularly after sorting on the label field, so I can select the empty records and do the copy rec number to the new field.  I also use that tool to preceed it with my initials and then again to add an X to the end to make them unique. I am sure you have noticed that if you “search” for a record number and don’t change it to “IS” the contains brings back any record with a two digit number.