Repeated authors' names appearing in full

I’m having big problems with the way Endnote is formatting repeated authors with multiple citations. When the second footnote appears, the name of the author is repeated in full, e.g.: 

1. Rosalind Krauss, ‘The Originality of the Avant-Garde: A Postmodernist Repetition’, October, vol. 18, (Autumn 1981).

2. Rosalind Krauss, 'Sculpture in the Expanded Field ', October, vol. 8, (Spring 1979).

What I want is for it to appear as e.g.:

1. Krauss, 'Sculpture in the Expanded Field ', October, vol. 8, (Spring 1979).

EndNote does realise this is the same author as the bibliography appears just as I want it: 

Krauss, Rosalind, ‘The Originality of the Avant-Garde: A Postmodernist Repetition’, October, vol. 18, (Autumn 1981), pp. 47-66

———, 'Sculpture in the Expanded Field ', October, vol. 8, (Spring 1979)

How can I get EndNote to acknowledge that the footnoted author is repeated and use the short form? Any ideas?? I’ve searched for answers but haven’t found them. Thanks very much!

Are both the Bibliography and the footnote settings correct for this feature (see the attached)?  I don’t think a different citation will ever trigger the “Short template” though.  And I don’t see what you want as an option.  (and I think the line only works if it is right after the 1st footnote).