Showing the first author separately in a reference

Hello everyone,

I have to create a new style in EndNote X8, with a reference that requires two different types of author mentioning - initially, the first author only, and then, three authors with [et al.].

Example:

Rogers S.L. Natural history of branch retinal vein occlusion: an evidence-based systematic review / Rogers S.L., McIntosh R.L., Lim L. [et al.] // Ophthalmology, – 2010. 117. (6) P. 1094-1101

By now I have only found the Authors Lists option, which doesn’t really help. It allows to choose one or three authors to be shown, but not both options at once. Also the separate fields for Secondary and Tertiary authors are available only for citations, but not for references.

Is there any possible solution?

Thanks in advance!

Secondary and tertiary authors are referring to things like editors vs primary - as the authors.  not 1st, 2nd and 3rd author on the paper.  so their use uses the field name in the specified ref type.  

But I am not exactly sure what you are asking. do you have author instructions that explain your requirements?  I think you may need to create two author fields, one with just the first author and one with all the authors to achieve this kind of output though.