Special issues of journals - how to input

This may be a crazily obvious question, but if so, it’s a bit shy presenting itself to me. Thanks in advance for your help!

I have several journal articles that are from special issues, but I cannot figure how to enter the special issue name.

For instance, I have had no problem inputting the correct information for the journal article (output in Turabian 8th):

DeBats, Donald A. “Political Consequences of Spatial Organization: Contrasting Patterns in Two Nineteenth-Century Small Cities.” Social Science History 35, no. 4 (Winter 2011): 505-41.

However, I have no idea how to properly input the following information so that it, too, will be properly formatted:

Special Issue: Historical GIS and the Study of Urban History

I have 30 or 40 articles from various special issues, so this is a pressing question as I continue to input them into X8.

As I said, the answer is probably staring me in the face, but I’ll be darned if I can figure it out on my own.

Thanks!

Wouldn’t it just go in the Journal field within the Endnote record? But it may depend on your discipline’s style guidelines. Which style are you using?

I guess it depends on what the publisher requires.  I have a paper in journal/book that I have in my library twice.  Once as 

a book section and once as a journal, but neither gives all the relevant information, both both would allow the reader to find the paper/chapter.  

If you want the specialty issue title, I suggest that you could add a description in brackets after the title, but usually, the conventional journal reference is enough information to find it, which is the critical information.  A risk is that any combination of two types of information might not reflect appropriate italicization of the different parts required by the publisher.  

The specialty issue title shouldn’t be required unless you are citing the whole of the issue according to this APA blog: See http://blog.apastyle.org/apastyle/2012/05/citing-a-special-issue-or-special-section-in-apa-style.html

MLA seems to have different criteria  see https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/747/07/  (at the end).  If this is what you want to achieve, and you say you have many of them, you probably will want to create a new reference type and add a template to the output style you use, to house all the fields.