The bibliography (reference list) at the end. Its heading. How to align it to the left?

Hi!

I have a PC with Windows XP and Endnote version X.0.2 build 2283.

I searched the forum but I could not find anything on this problem: The heading above the bibliography (the reference list) is centered, and I cannot align it to the left.

It looks like this:

References

Doe, J

Smith, J

Svenson, S

Etc.

But I want it to look like this:

References

Doe, J

Smith, J

Svenson, S

Etc.

Any suggestions? Many thanks in advance.

Loffy

EDIT: Added info about computer and endnote version.

Message Edited by Loffy on 09-19-2008 04:20 AM

Here is how I deal with it at the moment:

1. First, I save the finished word document under a new name (to create a back-up copy).
  2. I then press Ctrl + Shift + F9 to remove all field codes in the word document.
  3. In word, I move (align left) the heading where I want it to be.
  4. Save and print/ship to publisher.

Loffy

I would just change the format bibliography options (on the layout tab of the 'format bibliography" window) to not automatically insert the word References, and type it where and how you want it yourself… In fact up until very recently, I didn’t know Endnote could include it automatically! 

I agree it is rare that I would want it centered.   It appears you can change the font but not the paragraph position.  Endnote developers could take note of this?

Ah, that is a good, working suggestion. Didn’t know about that trick.

Format bibliography>The layout tab>Delete the phrase “References” in that window under the heading “Bibliography title”>Press OK.

Many thanks

Loffy