Travelling library not generating all bibliographic entries

Hello. I am using Word 2016, EndNote X9 and the Chicago 17th footnote bibliography style.

I have a library of over 1000 bibliographic entries. However, I need to generate a travelling library from a document of about 500 bibliographic entries.

When I try to do it, only 490 entries get generated in the new library.

I have noticed that the 10 entries that are not getting generated, are books which have the same title, author, publisher, place and date. The only difference is the volume number.

Is there some setting in EndNote or the Chicago 17th footnote style which is preventing these books from getting generated with the others? Maybe EndNote is recognising them as duplicate entries? I cannot figure it out.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Edit: I have noticed that when I go into EndNote - References – Find duplicates, these 10 entries are showing as duplicates. I think that this may be the problem. I am not very familiar with how to deal with this. Is there any way to get EndNote or the Chicago 17th footnote style to recognise these are separate entries? Thanks.

Endnote duplication settings don’t apply to the “duplication detection” in the bibliography and this has always been a problem.  But you can try turning off “merge duplicate” in the formating section of the Endnote program preferences.  See image attached.  

Thank you very much for your reply.

I followed your suggestion. However, there is no change.

I think i will manually add the entries in  the library.

Thanks again for the reply.

You can try changing your duplication detection settings?  Maybe they fixed the glitch that they wouldn’t apply to bibliographies?  

1 Like

As per your suggestion, I went into the settings and checked all. This has worked for me and now the travelling library generates perfectly.

Thank you very much again.

1 Like

Super!