Undo & Redo in Word won't work

avoiding the problem is a sort of solution, but an unfortunate one.  By the turn-it-off-to-fix-the-problem-logic, not using endnote also avoids/solves the problem, right?

My intent is not to be a jerk about this, but rather to point out that this is a significant and ungoing flaw.  Those who shrug their shoulders and repeatedly suggest the solution is using “endnote-lite”, i.e. only basic endnote functions, are not helping.  

Blaming MS Word for the problem also seems inappropriate as endnote is not a MS product, though MS could solve the problem for endnote by allowing add-ins to bypass the undo/redo list.  Alternatively, an extremely long undo list would help considerably.  

Anybody aware of a registry edit or something similar that might allow one to lengthen the undo/redo list to several hundred lines?  

My most recent document, I got all the way up to revision L, i.e. a,b,c,…,L.  I’ve traded undo for cwyw and this is the only compromise that allows full endnote use while minimizing the cost of a loss.