Undo & Redo in Word won't work

I really encourage you to dedicate some training time for using “CAYW” cite after you write mode, which is Leanne’s and also my favorite method of writing. I usually use just {ref}, {refs}, {ref, by Schwartz}, or {refs on apotosis/endothelial} as a place I want to insert references. They are just “prompts”. Then, I try to focus as much as possible on the content, context, readability, and accuracy. When I feel comfortable about the content, then I start replacing them with real endnote temporary inserts.

The reason I do this way, one is because my old habit, but also I develop this over the year to avoid “referencing distraction”. When I was updating my writing and references sentence-by-sentence, it was so easy to become obsessive to go to the article, check what’s written, or go to the child reference list from there, and lost my focus on writing, what I was thinking about the content I was writing.

When I first saw CWYW, I thought I can eliminate the “referencing distraction” by the smooth integration, but soon I found I was still distracted, because I had to go back and forth between the papers and my writing anyway. On top of that, if CWYW doesn’t work as expected (like the one you’re experiencing), it becomes mere distraction.

My CWYW works seamlessly, but I still turn it off. That’s because of this nature of the referencing job itself (besides “a bit buggy” features of Endnote or any kind of bibliography management software). I separate my reading time and writing time, just to maintain focus on each.

Message Edited by myoshigi on 01-14-2010 03:36 PM